The Doc Folder (or Document Folder) is a place where you can upload and store documents related to a particular account. These can be items such as:
- Signed documents
- Audio files
- Scanned cards
- Court documents
- Letters sent to the debtor, and so on
You can access it from any account by clicking on the Doc Folder tab at the top of the screen. Each Doc Folder and its related documents are unique to that account.
Uploading a File to an Account
1) Click on the Upload Files button to browse for the file you wish to upload.
2) On the next screen, you can choose to either drag-and-drop the files that you want uploaded to the box that says “Drop files here.” Or, you can click Select File to bring up a box that will allow you to search your computer for the file that you would like to upload.
3) Once you have selected the file or files you wish to upload, click Upload on the right to upload the file(s).
4) When the file has uploaded 100%, it is stored on the account for future reference. Click Back To folders.
NOTE: Any document related to a particular account can be added to the “Doc Folder” tab. There are no limits to the number of documents that can be stored, but no one document can exceed the 20 MB size limitation.
Adding a Comment
1) Click on the folder that contains the file you would like to comment on.
2) On the right side of the screen click the Edit button .
3) Type any comments that you would like in the provided Comments box.
4) Click the OK button to apply the comment.
What are Document Folders?
You can make folders to organize the files that you upload to your accounts. These folders might be for items like:
- Legal Documents
- Outgoing Files
- Incoming Files
When you create a new folder, you are adding it to the Doc Folder as a whole; that way, every account has the same folders (or at this point, sub-folders) in which to upload their documents.
Making a Document Folder
1) Click Manage Folders.
2) Under Folder Name, type in what you would like to name your folder.
3) Click Create Folder.
4) These can be reordered by moving them up and down in the list on the right-hand side.
Editing and Deleting a Folder
1) Click Manage Folders.
2) In the list of folders, click on the folder that you would like to edit, or delete.
3) On the right, a box with the folders name will appear; you can change the spelling and click Update or click Delete to remove the folder.
NOTE: If you delete a folder, the files that were in that folder return to the Unassigned Files folder.
Placing Files into Folders
Upon upload, all files are placed into the Unassigned Files folder. Follow these steps to move the files into their appropriate folders.
1) Click Unassigned Files (if you are not there already). Here you will find all the recently uploaded and un-sorted files.
2) Mark the checkbox next to the file(s) that you would like to move to another folder.
3) Below the file names, select the drop-down list option: Move
4) Choose the folder you would like to move the selected files to.
5) Click the Move button. Now the file is located in that folder on this account.
Deleting Files from an Account
1) Click on the folder that contains the file you would like to delete.
2) Mark the checkbox next to the file that you would like to delete.
3) Below the file names, select the drop-down list option: Delete
4) Click the Delete button.
5) A box will pop up asking if you are sure you want to delete the file(s); click OK.
Downloading a File
1) Click on the folder that contains the file you would like to download.
2) On the right-hand side of the screen, next to the file in particular, click the download icon.
3) Follow your computers instructions for downloading the file.
Downloading All Files from an Account
1) Click on the Download Files button.
2) Choose whether you would like to open or save the file. Multiple files are grouped together into a .ZIP extension folder.
See anything missing or out of date on this page? Please contact Simplicity Support at email@example.com.