Using Gmail with Simplicity SMTP Settings:
Entering the SMTP settings of your own email server will bypass the Simplicity mail server. This will allow you to show outbound emails from the software, as coming from an email address of your choice, rather than “firstname.lastname@example.org” .
- Access your Gmail account
- Under Sign-in & Security, select Apps with account Access
- Scrolling down the page, you will see the option to Allow less secure apps:
- Turn this option ON
- To the left of the screen, click on Sign-in & Security
- Navigate to 2-Step Verification and follow the prompts to enable this feature.
- Visit your App passwords page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account.At the bottom, click Select app and choose the app you’re using.
- Click Select device and choose the device you’re using.
- Select Generate.
- Follow the instructions to enter the App password (the 16 character code in the yellow bar) on your device.
- Select Done.
- You can then use this created App password (and your google email account as a username) as your SMTP login.
Once you are finished, you won’t see that App password code again. However, you will see a list of apps and devices you’ve created App passwords for.