Once you are ready to start reporting accounts to your preferred credit bureau, the Credit Bureau Tools pull data from your SimplicityCollect accounts and format them in Metro 2 format so it can be submitted to the credit bureaus. There are four credit bureaus we work with:
Experian – http://www.experian.com/
Equifax – http://www.equifax.com/
TransUnion – http://www.transunion.com/
Innovis – https://www.innovis.com/
This tool performs the basic task of reporting specific information to the bureau of your choice. You will need to enter the credit bureau program ID and generate a file separately for each credit bureau.
Reporting an Account to a Credit Bureau
To set up an individual account to report to the bureaus, follow the listed steps below:
- Select the checkbox on the account that says “Report to Bureaus” (right next to their First/Last Name). (Alternatively you can enable or disable Credit Bureau Reporting on more than one account at a time by using the Bulk Account Manager )
Clicking on the tool tip will present a number of different options:
- Open Account
- Paid In Full
- Delete Account
- Fraud: Delete Account
- Nothing to Report
- Remove Previous Code
- Account Disputed
- None/Remove Previous Comment
- Transferred to Another Company
- Paid through Insurance
- Purchased By Another Company
- Legal Action
Consumer Information Indicator:
- Petition Chapter 7
- Petition Chapter 13
- Discharged Chapter 7
- Discharged Chapter 13
- Dismissed Chapter 7
- Dismissed Chapter 13
- Withdrawn Chapter 7
- Withdrawn Chapter 13
- Remove Bankruptcy Indicator
Metro 2 Settings are also available via the Bulk Account Manager, and can be set per bulk action.
Because there is a certain set of basic information the credit bureaus need, this tool will only work if the account has the following information collected:
- Account Received Date
- Collection Status Date (If account is closed)
- Debtor First Name (If account is not a company)
- Debtor Last Name
- Debtor SSN –or- DOB
- Debtor Address Line 1
- Debtor City, State, Zip
- Date of First Delinquency
- Select Tools > Credit Bureau Tools followed by View Accounts. This will pull up any accounts you have marked to report:
- You can filter the accounts by:
Debtor Age At Least – This option allows you to set a minimum age for reporting debtors. For example- Debtor Age At Least: 18. If there is no DOB on file, the system will assume the debtor is 18 or over.
Letter Not Sent in the Last (X) Days
No Payment in Past (X) Days
- Enter in your Program ID from one of the following credit bureaus listed. You receive an ID when you sign up for an account with Innovis, Equifax, Experian or TransUnion.
- Choose whether to Remove Accts Past Reporting Limit (Optional) Which will omit accounts from the report that are past 6 years, 9 months since the Date of First Delinquency.
- Choose whether to Allow Errors which will include all accounts to your report, whether they meet Metro2 requirements or not. This option is not recommended and should be used at your own discretion.
- Select all applicable filters (Optional): Collection Status, Action Code and the appropriate Include Co-Debtors option, if applicable.
- Click View Accounts to preview the accounts within your filter criteria
- After you’ve ensured that the appropriate accounts are selected, you can click the Report Selected button, which allows you to report only the marked accounts, or you can click Report All. This option allows you to report all accounts included within your filter criteria.
If there are any problems with the accounts selected (ex. Account X does not have a Date of First Delinquency) they will be included in the “View Excluded Accounts” link, shown below. This allows you to identify any issues with specific accounts so they can be fixed. When there are no issues with the selected accounts, you will be prompted to download the file at the bottom of the Credit Bureau Tools screen, as shown below. You can save this file to a location you can locate such as the desktop.
9.Reports can be removed from your Metro2 Report History by using the red “X” to the right of each record.
- Deleted records are Archived, and can be retrieved upon request.
- Once the report has been generated, each account included in the successful report will be automatically notated.
Lastly, log in to your credit bureau’s website. Each credit bureau has a place for you to upload this file directly. You will need to perform this step in order to successfully report these accounts.
List of Simplicity Fields Reported
Here is a list of the Simplicity fields that are reported via this tool. We also mention which ones are required in order to send the Metro2 file in the first place:
* Credit bureau program identifier
* Company pin
* Company name
* Company address
* Company phone number
* Account number
* Account type (set in the Credit Bureau Tools)
* Account date entered (shown on the Legal Details tab)
* Last update date
* Original claim amount
* Current balance
* Date of the last payment made
* Date of first delinquency (required)
* Date closed (if closed)
* Debtor first name (required)
* Debtor middle name
* Debtor last name (required)
* Debtor SSN
* Debtor DOB
* Debtor primary phone number
* Debtor address line 1 (required)
* Debtor address line 2
* Debtor city, state, and zip (all required)
* Original creditor name (required)
* Original creditor classification
Requesting a Credit Report
- Clicking this button generates a text file which contains some details about the debtor. Simply upload this text file to your preferred credit bureau, and the bureau will then give you the debtor’s credit report.
- Next you will be processing the return file (credit report). Go to Tools > Credit Bureau Tools and look for Upload Credit Report. Click on the button Choose File, then select the file from your computer, and then Upload File.
This will upload the credit report into Simplicity Collect, and it will be placed in the Doc Folder of its corresponding account.
Return files can only be uploaded with a .fulfill extension (for example “Returnfile.fulfill”).