The Bulk Account Manager tool is one of the best tools in SimplicityCollect for managing your data. There are several different features that you can use the Bulk Account Manager to perform. These actions include:
- Generating Documents from a DocGen template (must be in Mail Merge format)
- Emailing Documents from a DocGen template (must be in Mail Merge format)
- Changing account statuses
- Adding or deleting account notes
- Assigning accounts to Simplicity users
- Assigning accounts to a Client
- Add Reminders
- Adding or deleting Action Codes
- Adding or deleting Letter Flows
- Enabling or disabling Credit Bureau Reporting
- Setting what information should display in custom fields
- Setting an account’s age
- Change Next Work Date
- Clear Next Work Date
- Enabling or disabling Skip Tracing, and more
Using the Bulk Account Manager
1. Click on Tools > Bulk Account Manager from the drop-down list.
2. In the top portion of the screen are filters. These filters are used to limit the accounts that you will be manipulating. Choose a combination of filters to show only the accounts you want to make changes to. (Example: If you want to choose accounts that are assigned a certain status AND belong to a certain collector, filter by both the the specific Status and specific Collector.)
3. When you have selected your desired filters, click View Accounts.
4. A list of up to 500 accounts populate in the white viewing area below the filters. Any accounts that exceed the first 500 are available through the Get Next ### Records button.
5. (Optional) Instead of using the View Accounts button, you can select the ‘Do Not Limit’ box, and there will be no 500 account limit. All accounts within your selected criteria will be marked for the desired action.
6. By default, all of the accounts in the list are selected. Only accounts that have a check next to them will have actions performed on them.
7. Below the list of accounts is an area where you can choose what actions you’d like to apply to them. At the top-left of this section is an area labeled: Perform the Following Actions on [ALL] of the Selected Accounts. This allows you to specify either ALL, or a specific Number or Percent of accounts to affect.
8. Click the checkbox(es) next to the option(s) you wish to perform on the accounts. Multiple boxes can be used at the same time.
9. Click Perform Selected Actions at the bottom left-hand corner to save your changes. The screen will refresh when the changes are completed.
When assigning accounts using the Bulk Account Manager tool, it is recommended that you filter Collectors by ‘Unassigned.’ Then once you assign accounts to one collector, those accounts will no longer appear in the list of accounts that you are assigning from. You can also use the Bulk Account Distributor tool the same way.
Saving a Configuration
If you find yourself performing the same bulk actions repeatedly with the same filters, you can select those filters and actions and save them as a workflow Configuration. This is located at the top of the Bulk Account Manager screen right above the filter options.
1. Enter all of your settings (filters and action elements alike) as you want them normally.
2. Before clicking Perform Selected Actions, go up to the box at the top of the screen called Name: and enter a name for the Configuration you would like to save.
3. Click the Add button to the right-hand side of the box.
4. This Configuration will now appear in the list on the upper left-hand side of the screen, where it says [Configuration].
5. To load a former Configuration, select it from the drop-down list and then click the Load button.
- When you have a Configuration selected from this list, you can use the Load button to load it, the Update button to update it (if you make any changes to the filters and/or data elements below) or the Delete button to remove it completely.
6. The Configuration settings will now automatically populate in a) the Filters area and b) the Actions area.
Deleting Accounts in Bulk
If you have accounts in your SimplicityCollect software that you no longer need or want, you can delete these accounts in bulk. To delete these accounts in bulk, do the following:
1. Click on Tools > Bulk Account Manager.
2. Chose the filters that apply to the accounts you would like to delete. If you want to delete an entire import, choose the import from the Imported On drop-down list on the right side of the filters.
3. Click View Accounts (or the ‘Do Not Limit’ box).
4. By default, all of the accounts in the list are selected.
5. Click on Delete Accounts at the bottom of the page.
6. In the confirmation box click OK.
Once Accounts are deleted from SimplicityCollect using the Bulk Account Manager, this step cannot be undone. If you accidentally delete your data, contact Simplicity technical support as soon as possible. We can “roll back” your database to the previous day to re-load those accounts. Note that doing so, you will lose anything that’s been done since then such as adding notes or payments.