Adding a new Scheduled Report
When you first go to Tools > Report Scheduler the screen will be set up to add a new Report Schedule. To set up a new scheduled report, complete the following steps:
- Choose the type of Report you would like to use. Currently you can choose between Client Status Report and Client Status Report – Simple.
- Choose a Filename for the scheduled report. This will be the name of the file that your client will see when they receive it.
- Choose whether or not you’d like to use the Append Date or Password Protect If you decide to add a password, the client will be required to type it in when they receive the PDF document.
- Choose any of the Report Filters This lets you display a report based on Client(s), Creditor(s) and Statuses. If you want to choose more than one at a time, hold down the CTRL key and left click each option.
- Check whether or not you’d like to include Notes with the report. This will show your client all notes on the account.
- Choose how you would like to sort the PDF document. You can pick from Debtor Name, Client Name, or Client/Creditor Name.
- Under Transmission Settings, pick how you’d like the report sent. You can choose between SFTP or Email. The Type SFTP will require a Host, Remote Path, Username and Password:
If you adjust the Type to Email, the boxes will change to:
Email will likely be the easiest Type for you to use. In the box Email Address, type the email of your client you wish to send this report to. Then click the >> button to the right to add the email to the “Send” list. You can add as many emails as you’d like here.
Optionally you can add a Reply-To Email. This will be your email that the client can respond back to. We highly recommend this option so you can stay in touch with your client.
- Under the header Other Settings, you can add a Report Description. This will help you easily identify different reports sent to the same client.
- Lastly you can choose a Run Frequency (Daily, Weekly or Monthly) along with the Start Date of when to send the first report.
- When you’re all done, click Add Report Schedule to save your new scheduled report. This report will now appear at the top of the page under Scheduled Reports.
- Once you have a scheduled report, you can use the buttons to the right to Run Now, Edit or Delete the report.
- At any time, you can also Pause a report from running.
Report Statuses and Errors
When a report runs successfully, you’ll see the Last Run Status as SUCCESS.
If for any reason there is an error, this will change to ERROR-XXXXXX. A few common errors are listed below:
ERROR – SendEmailError
This error refers to a problem with the email you’ve set up the report for. This can mean the email is non-existent or is spelled incorrectly. You can check the emails the report is being sent to by clicking the green edit pencil and viewing the Transmission Settings.
Error Uploading Report via SFTP: SFTP Upload File Error: No such file
This is a user-related error when uploading reports to an SFTP, and the remote folder or “path” doesn’t exist. Make sure to double-check your SFTP settings when you see this error.