In certain circumstances, you may need to override the allocation or disbursement amounts for a single payment. Normally these items are controlled directly by the allocation/disbursement rules you have set in Financials > Settings/Judgment, or globally in Settings > Clients. These settings trickle down from the client, to the account, to the transaction, respectively.
However, perhaps you have run into one of the following examples:
- Your client has requested a set amount disbursed to them for the very first or last payment received
- You have very intricate rules with your client in regards to how payments are broken down, perhaps only 10% of every payment is applied to interest, and the rest is always applied to principal
- You received a specific type of payment and your agency will be getting 100% of the amount paid for just that one payment
- You need to give 25% of each payment to an attorney involved, regardless of the attorney fees or other disbursement settings you’ve set thus far
Once a payment is posted, you can manually override these allocation and disbursement variables by:
1) Navigate to the Financials page of the account in question.
2) Go to the payment in question, and click the Override Payment Allocation button .
3) This will bring up a box where you can specify what allocation and disbursement amounts you want.
4) Click Save Override.
NOTE: When a payment has been altered with this feature, an orange glowing outline will appear around the Override Payment allocation button to show something has been changed.