There are times you may wish to edit a previously entered transaction on an account. This can happen when:
- An employee accidentally entered the wrong amount
- A date was set incorrectly
- You wish to add a Collector to the transaction, so they receive credit for it
- You’d like to add a note (or modify a note) on a transaction, and more
When this happens, you can use the following steps:
1) Go to the Financials tab of the account in question.
2) Navigate to the transaction you’d like to modify, and click the Edit button .
3) Make the changes to the necessary fields.
4) Click the Accept Changes button to the far right of the transaction (you may need to scroll over to see these icons).
5) (optional) If you need to cancel, click the Cancel Changes button to the far right of the transaction (you may need to scroll over to see these icons).
Editing, deleting, voiding, or marking a payment NSF will NOT refund money to the debtor. If you need to process a refund, you must go through your merchant/payment processor.