If you need to update the Client Name that belongs to a batch of accounts, there are two ways to do it:
Navigate to Tools > Bulk Account Manager. You can filter for the batch of accounts by either a) the current Client that they belong to, b) by the Imported On filter, or c) another filter that is common between those accounts.
- Click on Tools > Bulk Account Manager from the drop-down list.
- In the top portion of the screen are filters. These filters are used to limit the accounts that you will be making changes to. Choose a combination of filters to show only the accounts you want to make changes to. (Ex. If you want to choose only accounts that are assigned a certain status and belong to a certain collector, filter by both the specific status, and specific collector.)
- When you have selected your desired filters, click the View Accounts button or the Asynchronous (no limit) checkbox to view the total number of accounts to be affected by the update.
- A list of up to 500 accounts populate in the list below the filters. Any accounts that exceed the first 500 are available through the Get Next ### Records button.
- If the option ‘Do Not Limit’ is selected, there will be no 500 account limit. All accounts within your selected criteria will be marked for the desired action, without the option to deselect individual accounts.
- By default, all of the accounts in the list are selected. Only accounts that have a check next to them can have actions performed on them.
Below the list of accounts is where the actions are applied to the accounts. In the drop-down list, you can change ALL to Number or Percent to specify how many accounts of those with a checkmark you want to perform actions on.
- In the checkbox options, click the Assign To Client: checkbox.
- Select the new Client you wish to associate this batch of accounts with. (You will need to create the Client first before you can follow this step.)from the corresponding drop down
- Click Perform Selected Actions in the bottom left corner of the screen
The screen will refresh and alert you that the update was successful.
Navigate to Tools > File Updating > Account Updater. This tool allows you to use a spreadsheet of a) all the accounts that need to be affected, and b) the name of the Client you wish to assign them to. Make sure that:
- You have the account’s Account Number, Client Claim Number, or SSN on the spreadsheet.
- If you’re matching the accounts with a Client that already exists in SimplicityCollect, that the name on the spreadsheet matches the Client Short Name in Simplicity, under Settings > Clients.