When you first add accounts in SimplicityCollect, their collector field will be listed as [Unassigned]. You can assign these accounts to any collector in the system by either:
- Individually by going to a specific account and changing the Collector field drop down to the appropriate name
- Using the Account Updater tool, if you have a spreadsheet of the collector’s usernames and the accounts you need assigned to them
- In bulk by going to Tools > Bulk Account Manager or Tools > Bulk Account Distributor.
Assigning Accounts via Bulk Account Manager
- Click on Tools > Bulk Account Manager from the drop-down list.
- In the top portion of the screen are filters. These filters are used to limit the accounts that you will be making changes to. Choose a combination of filters to show only the accounts you want to make changes to. (Ex. If you want to choose only accounts that are assigned a certain status and belong to a certain collector, filter by both the specific status, and specific collector.)
- When you have selected your desired filters, click View Accounts.
- A list of up to 500 accounts populate in the list below the filters. Any accounts that exceed the first 500 are available through the Get Next ### Records button.
- If the option ‘Do Not Limit’ is selected, there will be no 500 account limit. All accounts within your selected criteria will be marked for the desired action, without the option to deselect individual accounts.
- By default, all of the accounts in the list are selected. Only accounts that have a check next to them can have actions performed on them.
Below the list of accounts is where the actions are applied to the accounts. In the drop-down list, you can change ALL to Number or Percent to specify how many accounts of those with a checkmark you want to perform actions on.
- In the checkbox options, click the “Assign to collector” checkbox.
- Select the appropriate collector from the corresponding drop-down to the right
- Click Perform Selected Actions
Assign Accounts via Bulk Account Distributor
1) On the top of the Bulk Account Distributor screen, there are filters; these filters are used to specify accounts that you will be assigning out to your collectors. Choose a combination of filters to show only the accounts you want to make changes to. For most situations, you’ll want to at least select “Collector” > [Unassigned] to capture all [Unassigned] accounts only. This way you do not accidentally reassign accounts already being worked by other collectors.
2) Once you have chosen the filter “Collector” > [Unassigned] click the button “Load Accounts.”
3) A number of accounts will appear in the Accounts Available box to the right. This is the total number you will be assigning to collectors.
4) Below this, you will have an option to a) distribute accounts by a set number # or by a percentage %. You can also choose to sort by balance, which will assign the highest balance accounts first.
5) Below these options, you’ll see a list of all your collectors in the system. There is a box next to each one in which you can put the number (or percentage) of accounts you want to assign, up to or equal to the number in the Accounts Available box.
6) Click the “Distribute Accounts” button to finalize your changes. The screen will refresh, showing you the total number of accounts and the total balance of debt assigned to each individual.
7) Optional: The “Reset Values” button sets all the boxes next to the collectors back to 0.